Anna the Red has a gorgeous Where the Wild Things are Bento on her site.
She’s an incredible artist who happens to work with food. I don’t think I could actually eat a lunch she’s made. It just looks so darned cute. She does everything from video games, to books, to everyday things. She also gives instructions. Someday, when I’m feeling ambitious, I’ll try an Alice in Wonderland themed lunch or three… wonder what I should make the Cheshire cat out of.
This started with Very Good Taste, but I found it through I’ve Got A Little Space To Fill.
Here’s what to do:
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating. (I’m using italics instead)
The Very Good Taste’s Omnivore’s Hundred:
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos Rancheros
4. Steak Tartare
6. Black Pudding
7. Cheese Fondue
10. Baba Ghanoush
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo Gobi
15. Hot Dog From A Street Cart
17. Black Truffle
18. Fruit Wine Made From Something Other Than Grapes
19. Steamed Pork Buns
20. Pistachio Ice Cream
21. Heirloom Tomatoes
22. Fresh Wild Berries
23. Foie Gras -> Why not? Because it’s inhumane.
24. Rice and Beans
25. Brawn or Head Cheese ->Nasty, nasty, Frankenmeat
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet Pepper
27. Dulce De Leche
30. Bagna Cauda
31. Wasabi Peas -> I hate Wasabi
32. Clam Chowder in Sourdough Bowl
33. Salted Lassi
35. Root Beer Float
36. Cognac With A Fat Cigar ->Don’t smoke, don’t drink, what am I gonna do?
37. Clotted Cream Tea
38. Vodka Jelly/Jell-O
41. Curried Goat
42. Whole Insects
44. Goat’s Milk
45. Malt Whiskey From A Bottle Worth $120 Or More ->I don’t drink.
46. Fugu -> I don’t eat dishes that can kill me. Seriously.
47. Chicken Tikka Masala
49. Krispy Kreme Original Glazed Doughnut
50. Sea Urchin
51. Prickly Pear
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
57. Dirty Gin Martini
58. Beer Above 8% ABV
60. Carob Chips
66. Frogs’ Legs
67. Beignets, Churros, Elephant Ears or Funnel Cake
69. Fried Plantain
70. Chitterlings or Andouillette
72. Caviar and Blini
73. Louche Absinthe
74. Gjetost or Brunost
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang Souchong
81. Tom Yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. 3 Michelin Star Tasting Menu
85. Kobe Beef
90. Criollo Chocolate
92. Soft Shell Crab
93. Rose Harissa
95. Mole Poblano
96. Bagel and Lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee
Sometimes there are foods that are just too cool.
For example a Cthulhu Cake (via Boing Boing)
Then there’s sugar skulls (via Boing Boing) (via MAKE) (via These Foolish Things)
Some of the most realisitic looking chocolate sushi I’ve ever seen.
Punk Halloween cupcakes? Too cool.
How to build your own K-9 out of gingerbread!
Eible googlie-eyes. I see tremendous use for these.
The Battle of Pelennor Fields from LotR in candy!
Pac-Man cupcakes! (Unfortunately I think they use fondant.)
R2D2 as a cake.
Guiness cupcakes. *grins*
1Up mushrooms. (Wonder if they make you grow?)
Waltzing cupcakes (a really cute stop-motion movie).